Finally .... Palm pilot now synchronises

Christopher A. Williams chrisw01 at comcast.net
Tue Jul 19 12:01:04 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-07-19 at 03:31 -0400, fedora at jlee.fastmail.fm wrote:
> On Monday 18 July 2005 16:42, Sharon Kimble wrote:
>
> > I hope it helps others. Its a cobbling togethor of other folks ideas from
> > this list, but it works!
>
> Is it sync'ing using kpilot, gnome-pilot, or just pilot-link?  I've been able
> to get pilot-link to sync for a while, but gnome-pilot and kpilot have been
> crashing.

...And after setting this up, gnome-pilot continues to die on my system.
These changes are convenient though in that:

1) They do set up permissions properly for syncing (solving a set of
udev issues)

2) Set up the /dev/pilot symlink to whatever ttyUSB port udev creates

Since the default is point to /dev/pilot for syncing, this is a nice
little addition. I heard that the crashes in kpilot and gnome-pilot were
upstream bugs that are yet to be fixed. Anyone have status on these -
gnome-pilot in particular?

Cheers,

Chris

--