Printer - core4

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Tue Jul 19 13:14:49 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-07-19 at 08:31 -0300, Ted Gervais wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-07-18 at 23:11 -0800, Kam Leo wrote:
> > On 7/18/05, Ted Gervais <ve1drg at av.eastlink.ca> wrote:
> > > I have finally got my printer working in FC4 (DeskJet895Cxi).
> > > Now I can't stop it from working.
> > >
> > > I have a print job in its queue and I can't kill it.  It is a large
> > > document (100 pages) and I need to remove it from the queue. No luck so
> > > far.
> > >
> > > I have gone to the Control Center and tried to stop the 'jobs' that were
> > > listed there, and while in there as a user I got the following message
> > > when I tried to remove the job:
> > >
> > > Unable to perform action "remove" on selected jobs. Error received from
> > > manager.
> > > Execution of lpm failed."
> > >
> > > And if I went into Aministrator Mode I see there are no jobs, but the
> > > printer keeps printing??
> > >
> > > How do I get out of this situation?  There has to be a way to kill print
> > > jobs???
> > >

> > Try using the CUPS web utility ( http://localhost:631 ) or just power
> > off the printer if the job has already been buffered.
> >

> I tried turning off the printer and the computer. Things still want to
> print.  I then went to localhsot:631 and killed that job but it didn't
> work:  I get this message:
>
> " client-error-forbidden"
>
> Now what do I do. It seems like a monster is after me.

The command line is your friend. You must be either the user who sent
the job to the printer or root to do this.

   "lpq -a" to list the print job numbers
   "lprm <job number>" to kill the job.

Note that (for me at least) a job currently being printed must have the
printer active to use the lprm command.