OT: grep for hex characters

fergus fergus at bonhard.uklinux.net
Tue Jul 19 14:53:17 UTC 2005

>> Will you please stop reposting the exact same message.
>> This is now the fourth time ...

I apologise for my miserable behaviour in sending the same message >1 time.
(It was completely unintentional. Thought it might go unremarked, if not
unnoticed. Silly me.)

Fergus

>> And please try to avoid posting HTML too.

Oh sorry. I guessed as it was accepted, it was probably permitted.

Fergus

>> 	find . | grep $'\x8f'

Thank you! I've inserted a xargs and a -l as follows:

	find . | xargs grep -l $'\x8f'

Unfortunately this fails with the NUL $'\x00', but I'm much better off than
I was. Any ideas how to isolate that one?

Thnaks again.

Fergus