Services question

Neal Wilkinson forums.lists at comcast.net
Tue Jul 19 18:33:11 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-07-19 at 14:23 -0400, Steven W. Orr wrote:
> So what happens if you say
>
> rpm -q chkconfig
>
> What happens if you say
>
> /sbin/chkconfig

Ok...I got it working but the way it works still seems a little strange.
Earlier I had changed to /sbin and typed chkconfig --list bluetooth and
it said 'command not found.' Even when in the directory I have to type
the entire path to get it to run /sbin/chkconfig --list bluetooth. So
anyhow I got [neal at localhost sbin]$ /sbin/chkconfig --list bluetooth
bluetooth       0:off   1:off   2:on    3:off   4:off   5:off   6:off
but I had already fixed it with the gui. I just didn't realize earlier
that there were different startup options with the different run
levels.