OOo, MySQL and Java problem

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Tue Jul 19 19:04:01 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-07-19 at 13:10 -0500, Nix, Robert P. wrote:

> Java package naming conventions are that the package name should be the reverse of the URL of the company supplying the package. Therefore, you need to be looking at mysql.com. Try http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/j/3.1.html for their jdbc driver, which is what you're looking for, I suspect.

Ok, I've found this package...

http://www.jpackage.org/rpm.php?id=2559

...which seems to be the right thing. However, even now, OOo still
doesn't work with JDBC. It seems to me like it's not looking for
the .jar file in /usr/share/java where the mysql-connector-java.jar file
resides.

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/