OT: grep for hex characters

fergus fergus at bonhard.uklinux.net
Tue Jul 19 21:03:47 UTC 2005

> >Oh sorry. I guessed as it was accepted, it was probably permitted.

> It is generally accepted etiquette to lurk on an echo for at least
> a couple of weeks before posting, to learn the ropes.

For Goodness' sake stop lecturing. I've been here for weeks. It was a
slip - they happen. I got the message the first time, and said (see
above) Sorry.

> It is also
> generally accepted to ASK in the first post where to find the
> FAQ or list rules.

Pull yourself together. If everybody did that, the list would be
inundated with the same question, tediously repeated.

Thanks everybody who helped so kindly and effectively with the technical
aspects of my query.

Best wishes,

Fergus