module problem

Raymond Norton admin at lctn.org
Tue Jul 19 21:10:11 UTC 2005

I have a standard Fedora Core 3 install on our new server. Everything
worked fine until I ran yum update. Now I have a new kernel
(2.6.12-1.1372), and things bomb at boot up. Here is the error I get:

Error: error insetting /lib/megaraid_mbox.ko:-1 unknown symbol in module.
Error: /sbin/udevstart exited abnormally.

It boots fine if I use the old kernel. Any ideas how I can fix this? I
have not had any experience with re-compiling drivers, so if this is the
fix I would need a simple howto.

Raymond