OT: grep for hex characters

Mike McCarty mike.mccarty at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 19 21:37:16 UTC 2005

fergus wrote:

>>>Oh sorry. I guessed as it was accepted, it was probably permitted.
>>>

>>It is generally accepted etiquette to lurk on an echo for at least
>>a couple of weeks before posting, to learn the ropes.
>>

>For Goodness' sake stop lecturing. I've been here for weeks. It was a
>slip - they happen. I got the message the first time, and said (see
>above) Sorry.

Check your attributes. I've only sent one message.

>>It is also
>>generally accepted to ASK in the first post where to find the
>>FAQ or list rules.
>>

>Pull yourself together. If everybody did that, the list would be
>inundated with the same question, tediously repeated.

If everybody did that, we wouldn't have to tediously repetitiously ask
people
not to use HTML.

>Thanks everybody who helped so kindly and effectively with the technical
>aspects of my query.

If you had lurked a little while, you'd have noticed that I'm one of the
ones who try to provide some useful information.

And I realize that slips happen. I had nothing to say about the multiple
posts.

Mike