Blacklisted gcc

Michael Schwendt mschwendt.tmp0501.nospam at arcor.de
Wed Jul 20 00:00:07 UTC 2005

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 22:38:02 +0100, Timothy Murphy wrote:

> When I try to compile kdebluetooth
> (with the latest SVN version)
> I am told that my version of gcc (gcc-4.0.0-8.i386) is "blacklisted",
> and I am advised either to go backwards or forwards.
>
> I wonder should I wait for a new version,
> or should I get a development gcc ?

You don't have a choice because you can't tell the configure script that
Red Hat's GCC is patched. Well, you do, but that means to either patch
out the dumb gcc version check from the configure script or upgrade to
the packages from Fedora Core Development. Or wait a few days for
the FC4 Test Updates for gcc 4.0.1, which are expected to appear in the
updates-testing repository.

--
Michael Schwendt <mschwendt at users.sf.net>
Fedora Core release 5 (Development) - Linux 2.6.12-1.1434_FC5