Earthlink not helping.

Lokrin redhat at lokrin.net
Wed Jul 20 06:36:55 UTC 2005

jdow wrote:

>>Side note:  I couldn't connect with Seanet and found out it was because
>>my modem volume was set to high.  That kept giving me a modem error 8 -
>>no dial tone.  I'm guessing there was not enough power for the high
>>volume and to pick up the line both.
>>

>The noise bugs me. So when I am playing road warrior I turn the modem
>down to its lowest level. I can still hear it go through its motions.
>But I don't get lifted out of the chair by the screeches. {^_-}
>
>{^_^}

I only turned it up while troubleshooting.  I have a fan near me, the tv
and radio on and several noisy neighbor kids running around outside
quite often.  =D

Normally I have it turned medium or low.  I just prefer a little
acknowledgement that it is starting ok.

Again, thankyou.  Where do I fax the fresh baked cookies?  *wink*