change default email app in Firefox

Kai Raven kairaven at arcor.de
Wed Jul 20 07:30:03 UTC 2005

Hello Claude,

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 02:45:00 -0400 you wrote:

> No, it's not there in my KDE menus. I did find a couple of places where it
> seemed to let me set it in the KDE Control Center, but they've had no effect.
> I still get Evolution.

I changed the MUA settings for Firefox in the following way (i'm using Xfce):
1. about:config in ff's address bar, type "mailto"
2. network.protocol-handler.external.mailto with value=true
3. made a new name with type "string":
network.protocol-handler.app.mailto with value=firefoxmailto
4. made a small script "firefoxmailto" with content (i'm using sylpheed-claws):
 #!/bin/bash
 sylpheed-claws --compose "$@"

--
Ciao