FC4 install does not start

Mattia Milleri mattia.milleri at libero.it
Wed Jul 20 10:17:33 UTC 2005

I am trying to install FC4 on a ASUS notebook, but just after the 1st
> choice of installation the program starts recognising hardware and
> crashes, or better freezes... the problem seems to be a kernel panic
> regarding RAID recognition (sorry, to noob to say more...)
> May be caused from the too-new hardware? The notebook is the A6VA

It is not clear to me where your problem occurs.
Is it during installation, or when booting?
I don't know what you mean by "1st choice of installation".

Sorry, I meant during the installation boot fase, the phase right after the disc boot when you are asked for the extra options to pass to the kernel (I just clicked ENTER).
Then in the next phase, when probing for hardware, there is a kernel panic with the RAID recognition all this before starting the usual "X server installation".
Hope to be clear now...^^