Samba - Active Directory 2003 problems

Tim Holmes tholmes at mcaschool.net
Wed Jul 20 15:25:42 UTC 2005

Good Morning Everyone:

I am hitting a bit of a problem with samba here:

I have set up my Fedora Core 3 server with samba as per:

http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2005-June/106701.html

Modifying the config files to fit my situation

Smb.conf

 [global]
         workgroup = MCASCHOOL
         realm = MCASCHOOL.NET
         security = ADS
         password server = srvdc01.mcaschool.net
         log file = /usr/local/samba/var/%m.log
         preferred master = No
         local master = No
         domain master = No
         wins server = 192.168.0.2
         idmap uid = 10000-40000
         idmap gid = 10000-40000
         # winbind use default domain = Yes
         winbind enum users = Yes
         winbind enum groups = Yes
         winbind nested groups = Yes
         socket options = TCP_NODELAY
         socket options = SO_RCVBUF=8192

[webroot]
        comment = Websites Home Directory
        writeable = yes
        path = /var/www/html

[ftp]
comment = FTP Home Directory
path = /var/ftp/pub/
read only = No

When in Execute the

net ads join -U administrator

Command and supply the password, I get the following error

[2005/07/20 10:57:26, 0] libads/ldap.c:ads_join_realm(1640)
  ads_add_machine_acct (srvweb-01): Type or value exists
ads_join_realm: Type or value exists

Doing a google search on this error suggested that I try the following
command

 [root at srvweb-01 ~]# smbclient -k //srvdc01/C$
krb5_cc_get_principal failed (No credentials cache found)
spnego_gen_negTokenTarg failed: No credentials cache found
session setup failed: NT_STATUS_OK

it sounds to me like Kerbros is possibly not running or not configured
correctly on my windows 2003 domain controller, but I'm not sure.  Can
someone please help me figure out these messages so that I can make this
thing work

TIM

Timothy A. Holmes

IT Manager / Webmaster / Science Teacher

Medina Christian Academy
A Higher Standard...

Jeremiah 33:3
Jeremiah 29:11