Samba - Active Directory 2003 problems

Tim Holmes tholmes at mcaschool.net
Wed Jul 20 16:41:19 UTC 2005

> > Subject: Samba - Active Directory 2003 problems
> >
> > Good Morning Everyone:
> >
> > I am hitting a bit of a problem with samba here:
> >
> > I have set up my Fedora Core 3 server with samba as per:
> >
> > http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2005-June/106701.html
> >
> > Modifying the config files to fit my situation
> >
> > Smb.conf
> >
> >  [global]
> >          workgroup = MCASCHOOL
> >          realm = MCASCHOOL.NET
> >          security = ADS
> >          password server = srvdc01.mcaschool.net
> >          log file = /usr/local/samba/var/%m.log
> >          preferred master = No
> >          local master = No
> >          domain master = No
> >          wins server = 192.168.0.2
> >          idmap uid = 10000-40000
> >          idmap gid = 10000-40000
> >          # winbind use default domain = Yes
> >          winbind enum users = Yes
> >          winbind enum groups = Yes
> >          winbind nested groups = Yes
> >          socket options = TCP_NODELAY
> >          socket options = SO_RCVBUF=8192
> >
> > [webroot]
> >         comment = Websites Home Directory
> >         writeable = yes
> >         path = /var/www/html
> >
> > [ftp]
> > comment = FTP Home Directory
> > path = /var/ftp/pub/
> > read only = No
> >

> > When in Execute the
> >
> > net ads join -U administrator
> >
> > Command and supply the password, I get the following error
> >
> > [2005/07/20 10:57:26, 0] libads/ldap.c:ads_join_realm(1640)
> >   ads_add_machine_acct (srvweb-01): Type or value exists
> > ads_join_realm: Type or value exists
> >
> > Doing a google search on this error suggested that I try the
> > following command
> >
> >  [root at srvweb-01 ~]# smbclient -k //srvdc01/C$
> > krb5_cc_get_principal failed (No credentials cache found)
> > spnego_gen_negTokenTarg failed: No credentials cache found
> > session setup failed: NT_STATUS_OK
> >
> > it sounds to me like Kerbros is possibly not running or not
> > configured correctly on my windows 2003 domain controller,
> > but I'm not sure.  Can someone please help me figure out
> > these messages so that I can make this thing work
> >
> > TIM
> >

> > Timothy A. Holmes
> >
> > IT Manager / Webmaster / Science Teacher
> >
> > Medina Christian Academy
> > A Higher Standard...
> >
> > Jeremiah 33:3
> > Jeremiah 29:11
> > Esther 4:14
> >

> > --
> >

> Does the already exist in AD?  Also try this:
>
> kinit Administrator at MCASCHOOL.NET
>
> kinit will test whether your administrator account and password is
> actually authenticating.
>

> 	-Mike
[Tim Holmes]

Mike:

Here is what I got:

[root at srvweb-01 samba]# kinit Administrator at MCASCHOOL.NET
Password for Administrator at MCASCHOOL.NET:
[root at srvweb-01 samba]#

So I don't know if it passed or failed:  In the absence of an explicit
error response, I am guessing that it worked, but I don't know

TIM