Catharsis - slowly my FC4 world crumbles around me

Dave Gutteridge dave at tokyocomedy.com
Wed Jul 20 17:07:28 UTC 2005

Recently isntalled FC4, not expecting it to do great things, but
thinking it would at least work. When I first installed, it seemed to
have a few problems, but I thought I could seek out help on the internet
and get them resolved and then settle into the new OS environment.

But, it's a few weeks later and still...

I can't copy files from my DVD drives.

I can't get Japanese language input, despite it being an option I
selected during install.

The Add/Remove Applications manager does not work at all.

My wacom tablet can't be configured.

I can't get sound from Flash objects in my web browser.

The palm pilot application crashes whenever I try to connect my Tungsten E.

The NTFS driver keeps losing track of the NTFS partition.

... The more I'm using Fedora, the more it's becoming unusable.

Gah.

And I haven't even tried printing yet. Frankly, I'm just scared to.

Do I throw in the towel yet and admit that Fedora is stll for the hard
core computer user set?

Dave