Catharsis - slowly my FC4 world crumbles around me

David Cary Hart fedora at tqmcube.com
Wed Jul 20 17:39:00 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-07-21 at 02:07 +0900, Dave Gutteridge wrote:
> Recently isntalled FC4, not expecting it to do great things, but
> thinking it would at least work. When I first installed, it seemed to
> have a few problems, but I thought I could seek out help on the internet
> and get them resolved and then settle into the new OS environment.

Was this as clean install?

> But, it's a few weeks later and still...
>
> I can't copy files from my DVD drives.

You can mount them but cannot copy from them!!?

> I can't get Japanese language input, despite it being an option I
> selected during install.

> The Add/Remove Applications manager does not work at all.

config-system-packages? Very strange. What error are you getting?

> My wacom tablet can't be configured.
>
> I can't get sound from Flash objects in my web browser.

Does the sound card otherwise work?

> The palm pilot application crashes whenever I try to connect my Tungsten E.

Which app?

> The NTFS driver keeps losing track of the NTFS partition.

How did you add ntfs support?

> ... The more I'm using Fedora, the more it's becoming unusable.
>
> Do I throw in the towel yet and admit that Fedora is stll for the hard
> core computer user set?

Other than the Japanese issue and wacom, the rest work fine here on
several machines.
--
   Tired of spam? Do YOUR part: http://www.BoulderPledge.org
      * Eliminate Spam:         http://www.TQMcube.com/spam_trap.htm