Strange connection

Chris Wright linux-list at cwic-solutions.co.uk
Wed Jul 20 20:44:54 UTC 2005

Mike,  Might I also suggest http://www.securityspace.com

I use their Home User Desktop tests for my Home PC Connection, but I also
subscribe to their updates which sends out news on new vulnerabilities which
I can run manually at any time.  For the average home user it is superb, and
it is only 9.95 per year.  But they do have quite a good free test as well.
Some of the other test packages are not too shabby either.

It found a hole in my NetGear ADSL/Router on a recent Firmware update that
had been built incorrectly and not regression tested to check for previous
vulnerabilities being fixed. (It was a Beta version of the Firmware I should
add, which is why 'we' do the Beta testing, it would never have made it to
release candidate).

But have a look and give them a go.  It is worth subscribing to their news
updates alone.

Regards

Chris