Newbie problem - Ethernet card configuration

Manisha Sathe manisha_msathe at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 20 21:47:45 UTC 2005

I am trying to set up the cable modem. I am on  FC4-GNOME. I hv done exactly as said in the following site

http://www.reallylinux.com/docs/dslandlinux.shtml

I am already getting Ethernet device for eth0.

But at the end when i try to activate the eth0 - it says "Failed" - for "Determining IP address for eth0...".

i tried different ways like choosing different option / clicking on another tabs for each screen such as DNS / Hardware Devices / Hosts etc...but in vain. Pls guide me as now i am stuck and  need internet badly on my Linux.

regards
Manisha

http://mail.yahoo.com