Catharsis - slowly my FC4 world crumbles around me

Brian Mury b.mury at ieee.org
Thu Jul 21 02:14:33 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-07-21 at 10:50 +0900, Dave Gutteridge wrote:
> >Which app?
> >
> Gnome Pilot.

FC4's palm support is badly broken. FC4 shipped with pre-release
software that it shouldn't have shipped with. This is a known problem
and is being worked on. There are several related bugs in
bugzilla.redhat.com as well as threads in this list's archives if you're
interested. You will find some workarounds that may or may not work for
you, including configuration changes, upgrading the packages in question
to testing-updates/rawhide, and downgrading the packages in question to
FC3.

> I have to admit, I didn't have high hopes for getting my Palm Pilot to
> work under Linux

Palm synching works fine in Linux, just not in FC4. It worked fine in
FC3, and it works fine on my Mandrake box at work. That's what you get
for running a bleeding-edge distro. You pays your money, you takes your
chances... ;-)