Frozen menubar in 2.6.12-1.1398_FC4

Robert Cahn robertscahn at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 03:56:47 UTC 2005

I'm beginning to experience a problem with the system.  When I go to
the Desktop menu when the system starts getting weird (aps not
launching or abending) to shutdown the entire menubar freezes.
Anything on the desktop that has a launcher can be started but I can't
stop the system without doing a BRS (big red switch).

As a temporary fix I'd like to add a launcher to the Desktop that
gives the standard (Logout, Shutdown, Restart) dialog when when I try
and look at the properties of this dialog (by right clicking) all I
get is the dialog itself.  How can I shutdown from the desktop when
the main menubar is frozen?

Best regards,
/Bob Cahn
Gipsy Trail Club