wrong network module during FC3 network install

Robert Citek rwcitek at alum.calberkeley.org
Thu Jul 21 06:56:53 UTC 2005

Is there a way to specify at the boot prompt what module the kernel
should use for eth0 in order to do a network install of FC3?  If not,
how can I rmmod the incorrect network module and load in the correct
network module during the early stages of the installation?

I'm trying to install FC3 over the net, but FC3 is unable to get an
IP address.  After cycling through the virtual consoles, I noticed
the message that FC3 loaded the tulip module for the NIC.  From other
installs, I know that the tulip module won't work.  Instead, FC3
should be loading the de2104x.  I've been googling for possible
solutions, but haven't found an answer, yet.

Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org/downloads
Help others get OpenSource software.  Distribute FLOSS
for Windows, Linux, *BSD, and MacOS X with BitTorrent