Php cli help

Enrico Bianco enricob at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 14:07:57 UTC 2005

mm wrote:
> I am trying to run tests from mediawiki scripts.
> On my fedora core 3 php is CGI.
> No cli PHP binary to download.
> Can anybody help me
> Thanks,
> mm

Try compiling one from source.  It worked for me.  However, the manual
is mostly concerned with web-based installations (i.e. the Apache module
or CGI binary), so you might have to look harder for some instructions
on how to do it.  I also recommend that you install the new PHP in a
different place than the one you have now, outside of your PATH
(otherwise the PHP from FC3 and the PHP you're building will conflict).

Hope this helps,
Enrico