Tutorial

Thomas w. Cranston cranston_tom at asapchoice.com
Thu Jul 21 15:10:27 UTC 2005

Can anyone suggest a Linux Tutorial for beginners that works w/FC3?

I have worked thru several tutorials, but get to the point where I get
different results from my input. For Example:

"You can use virtual consoles to perform two activities in parallel. For
example, I used one virtual console to write this section and another to
test the commands as they were introduced. You can even use your mouse
to cut and paste text from one virtual console to another. When you
start your Linux system and get the log-in prompt, you're looking at
console number 1. Go ahead and log in as *root* here; then press
*alt-F2*. You should then see another log-in prompt. You can log in as
user *hermie* on this console and then press *alt-F3* to access a third
console or press *alt-F1* to return to the first console"

I logged in as root, (su -), then entered alt-F2, and got the "Run
Application" window

I am reasonably sure that every thing is in the correct case, and that I
have not made any other typos