No update function in Firefox 1.0.6?

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Thu Jul 21 18:32:32 UTC 2005

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005, Christoph Wickert wrote:

> Am Donnerstag, den 21.07.2005, 12:24 -0400 schrieb Matthew Saltzman:
>> I recall that there was a button in Edit -> Preferences -> Advanced that
>> would check if your Firefox or extensions needed updates.  This button
>> appears to be missing from firefox-1.0.6-1.1.fc4.  Is that intentional?
>> And if so, what do I need to do to keep my extensions up to date?
>>
> Extras -> Extensions -> right click on an extension and choose update.

It's really unpleasant to have to do that individually for each extension.
Also, there was *no* feedback when I tried it, so I have no idea if
something was updated, there was no update, or something failed.

Was the original method removed upstream or in the Fedora package?  Any
explanation why?  (Checked the Fx site, but couldn't find the updated
release notes anywhere obvious.)  Can it be reenabled in about:config?

Thanks.

--
 		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences