IPTABLES full DMZ

Thomas Cameron thomas.cameron at camerontech.com
Thu Jul 21 20:36:45 UTC 2005

> Hello, first iam sorry for my bad inglish.
>
>     I need some help, iam try connect a VIP-400 VOIP from PLANET, in my
> network but i cant make a good DMZ in my iptables, dont work, some
> help please.
>
> Javier Robles
> Argentina

Hi Javier -

You're asking a very broad question, it's hard to answer clearly.  What do
you mean by "DMZ?"  Normally this is an area where there is access to a
computer from the Internet.  There are a number of ways to accomplish this
- opening ports through the firewall, port forwarding, etc.  It's really
dependant upon how your network is set up.

Can you give a little more information on how your network is set up so we
can make recommendations?

Thomas