Usage traffic details for ADSL connection

Parameshwara Bhat pbhat66 at rediffmail.com
Fri Jul 22 05:46:38 UTC 2005

Hello List,

There is an upload/download limit on my ADSL connection.I want to know
how much I uploaded/downloaded for a given period to keep tab on my usage.

I  can see even monthwise/ part-month reports in 'kppplogview' for
connections made by kppp. Does anybody know of a similar utility for pppoe?

Where does ppp maintain such data? How can  ppp be set to maintain this
data in Fedora?

I have seen in SuseLinux by default this data is maintained in a file in
/var/log/ppp. But in fedora I do not see a file in the place.

Regards

Parameshwara Bhat