Does Eclipse 3.1 on FC4 include WTP and/or WST?

D. D. Brierton darren at dzr-web.com
Fri Jul 22 11:15:00 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-07-22 at 10:20 +0200, Klaasjan Brand wrote:

> It's not included (yet).

Thanks for the info. That's an important bit of data for my POV.

> You don't need to upgrade to use Eclipse. You can just install the
> package from eclipse.org, the Sun JRE from java.sun.com and it will
> work on FC3. (I started using Eclipse on Red Hat 7.3!)
> If you just want to use Eclipse it's the recommended way since it runs
> a lot faster with Sun Java than on gcj. But it would be great if you'd
> like to test Eclipse/gcj.

I have looked at installing Eclipse and then setting up WTP/WST myself,
but there were one or two hoops too many for me to be bothered. I know
that sounds lazy, but appreciate that I'm busy and I already have a
development environment I'm happy with. If installing FC4 was going to
give me a fully working and configured Eclipse with WTP/WST out of the
box then it would certainly be worth me fooling around with it and
seeing what it was like. But I don't think I can afford to spend too
much time trying to set it all up myself just for the sake of curiosity.

Thanks again.

Best, Darren