Monitor bandwidth usage for each computer in LAN

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Fri Jul 22 12:54:20 UTC 2005

Am Fr, den 22.07.2005 schrieb Reuben D. Budiardja um 14:46:

> It seems that the easiest for me right now is to run ntop separately. I am
> however, in the future planning to have a box acting as a bridge behind the
> D-Link combo router, than connect the bridge with a switch. Will that work
> with ipac-ng or ntop if I put it on that bridge ? Still in that case, I am
> not sure what to do with the wireless connection, since the AP is the D-Link
> router... hmm....

> Reuben D. Budiardja

ipac-ng just uses iptables. So all traffic passing the netfilter in the
kernel can be recognized and logged. It doesn't matter whether you are
running a bridging firewall setup or not. As long as the D-Link AP is
behind the borderline router/firewall you can catch bandwidth data for
WLAN too.

Alexander

Serendipity 14:50:33 up 6 days, 19:23, load average: 0.07, 0.12, 0.09