Updating

Kelly Dunlop kelly at xyzzy.clara.co.uk
Fri Jul 22 14:11:36 UTC 2005

Hello

I've recently installed Fedora Core 4 and am wondering about how to decide
what needs updating.

Obviously I'm on the FC list and updating the security fixes but what
I'd really like is a list of what is the latest version of each package
so I can easily determine what I need to update.  Is there such a thing ?

Also I'm confused by the directories at:

	http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/

Is the 1 directory for FC 1 only or could the latest version of a package
for FC 4 be in there ?

Other than that it gives me all I need - browser, xterms and some games so I
guess I'll stay with it for a while.

TIA
Kelly
--