mysql credentials?

Raymond Norton admin at lctn.org
Fri Jul 22 15:02:58 UTC 2005

I am running core 3, and trying to execute the following commend:

[root at kt fileIndexer]#  java -Xmx256m -jar FileIndexer-1.1.4.jar

Upon doing so, I get the following error:

java.sql.SQLException: Invalid authorization specification message from
server: "Access denied for user: 'root at kt.lctn.org' (Using password:
YES)"
        at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:1997)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:1906)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.doHandshake(MysqlIO.java:954)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.createNewIO(Connection.java:1786)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.<init>(Connection.java:450)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.NonRegisteringDriver.connect
(NonRegisteringDriver.java , etc ..........

I have looked around on google and some think it may be an issue about
plain text passwords vs md5. when running the command there is not a way
to provide credentials, so I am not sure why it says I am using a
pasword. I also found a posting that someone felt it had to do with
using a tcp connection rather than localhost.

Not sure how to get it to work. Any ideas?