(OT) Thunderbird Mail Filters

Mike McCarty mike.mccarty at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 22 18:26:49 UTC 2005

rengland at europa.com wrote:
> Make sure that the "Filters for:"  entry in the Message Filters popup menu
> shows your initial INBOX folder, then verify the existence of the filters
> and that the "Enabled" box is checked.

It shows "Filters for: Local Folders"
My Inbox is under "Local Folders".

All filters are checked "Enabled".

When I select "Inbox" and click Tools->Run Filters On Folder the filters
run just fine, and all messages go where I want them.

> If both of these are correct, then it may be the settings in the filters
> themselves. Make sure the "Match all..." vs  "Match any..." checkbox is
> correct on the filter.

Since the filter run correctly, I suppose it is set up right. Each of
the filters only has one qualifier, anyway.

> Post and example of your filter settings and perhaps we can see any issues
> that exist.

Screenshot available upon request. But it'll be big.

Mike