RAID1 Grub Boot problem FC3

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 21:32:04 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-07-13 at 08:07, Alex @ Avantel Systems wrote:
> I have not been able to boot my system since a raid disk problem was fixed.
> When booting the system, I end up in a grub shell and can then manually tell
> grub where to find the kernel and initrd and then it will boot.

Are you sure you have the right thing in grub.conf in the place where
grub expects it?  /etc/grub.conf should be a symlink to
/boot/grub/grub.conf and /boot should be a mounted partition.
When you are running, use 'mount' or 'df' to be sure /boot is
mounted, 'cat /proc/mdstat' to be sure both partitions of the
RAID are active and in sync, and 'ls -l /etc/grub.conf' to be sure
that the symlink is pointing to the right place.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com