KDE settings

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 18:37:28 UTC 2005

On 7/23/05, BRUCE STANLEY <bruce.stanley at prodigy.net> wrote:
> Your millage may vary, but I have found that if
> you do an 'Upgrade' either of Linux, or of a new
> release of KDE to the same version of Linux,
> you should rename you ~/.kde  directory and let
> KDE recreated it again.  You will have to redo
> all of you settings.  If you don't do this,
> you 'MAY' have weird problems with the KDE
> desktop.  I have been told that this can be due
> to new versions of things changing the way they
> set up their startup/default settings.

Then I could probably move the individual program's files one by one
and try to avoid problems?

Also, If I install another distro in it's own partition, but mount the
same /home partition, will the KDE from the new distro recognize the
settings that I set it Fedora? If, say, they are both the same version
of KDE (3.4)?

Dotan
http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/artist_albums/63/beastie_boys.php
Beastie Boys Song Lyrics