hard drive, FC4 & Mandriva

Scott Talbot talbotscott at cox.net
Sun Jul 24 02:42:26 UTC 2005

Jerome Walczak wrote:

>   Sorry - should've fixed the subject line before sending that out.
>
> Jerome Walczak wrote:
>
>>     Not sure if this is the right place to ask this but I could use
>> some help. I have two hard drives installed on my system - one split
>> between XP & FC 4 & a second with Mandriva. I'd like to add Mandriva
>> to the grub.conf file but I'm not quite sure how. Any guidance,
>> advice would be greatly appreciated.

    It's not very hard - just 2 things:
On whichever is the "new" OS (assuming Mandriva) - install grub to the
partition boot record.  (i.e. /dev/hdb1)
in your grub.conf add:

title Mandriva
        rootnoverify (hd1,0)
        chainloader +1

When you select the Mandriva under grub, you should get the grub.conf
within Mandriva

Scott