trying to remove a second ip fails

John Que qwejohn at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 10:13:25 UTC 2005

Hello,

 I had in the past 2 IP addresses on my Fedora.
after I boot , ifconfig still shows 2 IP addresses:
on eth0 :
192.168.0.10

and the second one is an external IP
on eth0:1  is (for example)
201.121.241.115

Most of the time I need only the inner ip ;
so I renamed ifcfg-eth0:1 under
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts to ifcfg-eth0:1.old.

ifcfg-eth0:1 is the file containing the externa IP definition , 201.121.241.115

Bur still after boot I do still get both IP addresses I had ,
on eth0 :
192.168.0.10

and on eth0:1
201.121.241.115

I grepped for 115 under /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts , and the only
occurrence
was in ifcfg-eth0:1.old.

So from where does it takes the 201.121.241.115 for eth0:1 after boot even
that I renmed the file name to ifcfg-eth0:1.old.?
and what should I do to avoid it ?

Regads,
John