totem gripes

Dale Raby daleraby at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 00:16:48 UTC 2005

I just upgraded from FC3 to FC4.  Xine worked fine, as did Mplayer
under the earlier releases.  Now I have something called Totem... and
it sucks!  Supposedly I can get it working if I install rpms from
Freshrpms... though there are cautions about using their RPMs...
something about compatibility issues.  Now when I try to install RPMs
from Freshrpms, I get dependency nightmares.

Is it, in fact, safe to add Freshrpms to the .yumconf file?

Does anyone know why this is so complicated these days?  Is it
lawyers?  Kill 'em all!

Dale