Fedora & Ndiswrapper & Mimo Wireless

Paul Hoy paul.hoy at mac.com
Mon Jul 25 01:28:25 UTC 2005

Thanks for your email, Lloyd. I plan to take a look at your
information at LinuxQuestions.org.

I actually tried to use two wireless modems with ndiswrapper, but
I've been unsuccessful. I had thought that this was related to the
fact that mimo is relatively new. I've also downloaded the Linuxant
kernels and have recompiled my own, but to no avail.

As I write from my Mac :), I'm currently installing Suse 9.3 in a
desperate attempt to run the wireless modem. If it doesn't work, I'll
do what you suggested: install FC4, and immediately install the
Linuxant kernels. Suse looks good, but it appears their focus is on
KDE, rather the Gnome. I really like what Fedora has done with Gnome.

Thanks again.
Paul