YUM Config File

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Mon Jul 25 07:36:38 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-07-24 at 22:47 -0600, David Mamanakis wrote:
> This list is exceedingly helpful!
> I am a new user (well, duh) to Linux, as far as it goes...and I just have
> several questions when it comes to installing and configuring the OS to my
> preference...
>
> My next question regards the YUM config files...
> I am looking for how to set one up so that I can install things like Xine,
> Superkaramba, and other programs.
>
> I tried installing Superkaramba, but I ended going around in circles...
> Superkaramba wanted KDEBASE, KDEBASE wanted KDELIBS, KDELIBS wanted
> KDEADDONS, and KDEADDONS wanted KDEBASE...
>
> I couldn't install it.
>
> I am hoping that I can install Superkaramba and other programs by using YUM,
> like I can do with Xine...
>
> Thanks for any help on this config file thing...

The problem here is not configuring yum, it's finding a repository that
contains the package (Superkaramba). Once you've done that, follow that
repository's instructions for configuring it for yum. Since I've never
heard of Superkaramba, I can't help you with the repo search, but
perhaps google could.

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>