Automount / Autorun

Bart Couvreur dencouf at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 08:04:00 UTC 2005

On 7/25/05, Peter Hutnick <hutnick at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm running FC4 using KDE for my desktop.  Every time I insert an
> audio CD KsCD pops up.  When I insert a DVD or data CD Konqueror pops
> up.
>
> I've stopped the autofs service, but that seems to have no effect.  I
> couldn't find a relevant option in the Control Center, though I'm sure
> it's in there somewhere.

> Thanks,
> Peter

You have to stop the KDE Autorun proces to stop this from happening.
Autorun handles automatic (un)mounting of all discs.
If you haven't done anything to your kde, autorun wil always start
automatically if you log in. To avoid this remove the autorun file in
~/.kde/Autostart
The next time you log in, Autorun wil not be loaded and you won't have
any discs starting a program!

Bye
Bart