What is the "official way" to install clamav?

Captain Bubudiu bubudiu2005 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jul 25 21:07:01 UTC 2005

 --- Martín Marqués <martin at bugs.unl.edu.ar> wrote:
> clamd is not in extras. You can get it from dag's
> repos.

I believe  the questions i asked are self explanatory,
and logically subsequent  (apriori in Latin) :-

My question to the extras package maintainer :-
1. Are we supposed to install the dag wieers packages
on top of the extras ones?
2. Did you actually test and see that clamav is
installable and usable?  (This question is most
crucial)
3. What is the purpose of the clamav packages in
extras?(This again is very important. What is the
purpose of including a non-functional package? )

There was a "crazy and insane" article recently about
the fedora project and its developers. I wonder if
this is what they meant?

Fedora Core - The power of Open Source Now! Please search the archives and http://fedoraforum.org as the question is likely to have been asked before. RH9 -> FC3 -> FC6 (Jan 2007)

Catch me at http://members.lycos.co.uk/bubudiu/ Ah the beauty of it all!

Cheers