update gives me broken /etc/yum.repos.d/atrpms.repo file

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Mon Jul 25 22:43:35 UTC 2005

On Mon, Jul 25, 2005 at 12:52:59PM -0400, David Cary Hart wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-07-25 at 17:39 +0100, Paul Howarth wrote:
> > Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> > >   ok, another "yum update" issue.  after a recent update, i got a
> > > whack of new /etc/yum.repos.d/*.repo files as part of the
> > > medley-package-config package, which included a new (and apparently
> > > broken) atrpms.repo file.
> >
> > Sounds like ATrpms is self-destructing ;-)
>
> Anecdotally, it looks like 30% of the problems on this list are related
> to mixed repos. Axel (who contributes much to the community) makes
> matters more complicated with proprietary dependencies.

What is a "proprietary dependency"??? It sound like having packages
depend on non GPL components (well ipw2x00 kmdls do depend on
non-GPL'd firmware packages, if that is waht you mean, but I think
not).

And compatibility problems are certainly not as high as 30%. That's
quite an overestimation IMHO.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net