libcddb and libcdio update problem

Olaf Mueller daily-planet at istari.de
Tue Jul 26 11:40:25 UTC 2005

Hello,

'yum update' tries to update libcddb from version 1.0.2-2 to version
1.1.0-1. But current installed libcdio-0.74-2 needs libcddb.so.0 from
libcddb-1.0.2-2, so 'yum update' is running into the following error:
Resolving Dependencies
--> Populating transaction set with selected packages. Please wait.
---> Downloading header for libcddb to pack into transaction set.
libcddb-1.1.0-1.fc4.i386. 100% |=========================| 3.8 kB
00:00
---> Package libcddb.i386 0:1.1.0-1.fc4 set to be updated
--> Running transaction check
--> Processing Dependency: libcddb.so.0 for package: libcdio
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Missing Dependency: libcddb.so.0 is needed by package libcdio

I think both packages, libcddb and libcdio are from fedora-extras
project. What would you say, how can I solve this problem? Maybe there
is also an update by fedora-extras of libcdio necessary, not only
libcddb, but where can I get from the right version?

regards
Olaf