libcddb and libcdio update problem

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Tue Jul 26 12:00:04 UTC 2005

Olaf Mueller wrote:
> 'yum update' tries to update libcddb from version 1.0.2-2 to version
> 1.1.0-1. But current installed libcdio-0.74-2 needs libcddb.so.0 from
> libcddb-1.0.2-2, so 'yum update' is running into the following error:
> Resolving Dependencies
> --> Populating transaction set with selected packages. Please wait.
> ---> Downloading header for libcddb to pack into transaction set.
> libcddb-1.1.0-1.fc4.i386. 100% |=========================| 3.8 kB
> 00:00
> ---> Package libcddb.i386 0:1.1.0-1.fc4 set to be updated
> --> Running transaction check
> --> Processing Dependency: libcddb.so.0 for package: libcdio
> --> Finished Dependency Resolution
> Error: Missing Dependency: libcddb.so.0 is needed by package libcdio
>
> I think both packages, libcddb and libcdio are from fedora-extras
> project. What would you say, how can I solve this problem? Maybe there
> is also an update by fedora-extras of libcdio necessary, not only
> libcddb, but where can I get from the right version?

You're right. An update to libcddb.i386 0:1.1.0-1.fc4 has just been
released in Fedora Extras, and this needs a rebuild of libcdio, which
hasn't happened yet (though a build *has* been requested). It'll
probably take a day or two before this update is released, so in the
meantime you might want to exclude libcddb from your updates.

Paul.