TCP/IP stack questions on timeouts and dropping connections.

Igor Guarisma iguarism at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 26 14:00:50 UTC 2005

I'm going with Mike here! I don't really think there's
a way to do this with the kernel nor iptables (which
is part of the kernel), and I'm sure that that Apache
option will work fine on the case of a WebServer.

I think you can work on a script that get a netstat
and get from there the connections on TIME_WAIT and
meassure the time somehow and given some time, kill
the connection.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/core.html#timeout