error with apache after custom FC install

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Tue Jul 26 14:49:50 UTC 2005

Am Di, den 26.07.2005 schrieb Ben Stringer um 16:41:
> On Tue, 2005-07-26 at 10:16 -0400, Andrew Stewart wrote:

> > I did a custom install of FC3, including the web-server packages (all)
> > and the mysql packages (all).
> >
> > When trying to startup httpd, I get the following error:
> >
> > "httpd failed. The error was: Starting httpd: Syntax error on line 6 of
> > /etc/httpd/conf.d/auth_mysql.conf:
> > Cannot load /etc/httpd/modules/mod_auth_mysql.so into server:
> > libmysqlclient.so.10: cannot open shared ob
> > ject file: No such file or directory
> > [FAILED]"
> >
> > Why would a apache/mysql error be produced after an FC3 install "out of
> > the box"?
>
> Did your custom install include the rpm "mod_auth_mysql-20030510-5"? It
> is the absence of this rpm that is causing the error above.

IMHO not correct. /etc/httpd/conf.d/auth_mysql.conf is obviously on his
host, and that is shipped by the mod_auth_mysql package.
What he seems to be missing is the mysql rpm, providing the
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.10 library. If the mysql rpm is
installed and the lib there, it could be a problem with SELinux and
wrong context. He should keep care to have all FC3 updates installed,
maybe a "touch /.autorelabel && reboot" helps.

> Cheers, Ben

Alexander

Serendipity 16:45:53 up 10 days, 21:18, load average: 0.03, 0.15, 0.22