eclipse plugin install permission problem

hicham hichamlinux at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 16:17:46 UTC 2005

you can create a folder ( say plugins) in your home directory with two
subfolder call them plugins and features and create a file called
.eclipseextension ( type in a terminal
touch .eclipseextension)
unzip your pydev-0.7 plugin in the plugins folder
in eclipse in Help menu -> Software updates -> Manage configuration
add an extension location ( your plugins dir. )
it'll ask you to restart eclipse
that's it
cheers

hicham.