dependancies

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Wed Jul 27 13:03:52 UTC 2005

Ted Gervais wrote:
> I am trying to do an update using YUM and I get the following message..
>
> gnome-panel-2.10.1-10.2.i 100% |=========================|  76 kB
> 00:00
> ---> Package gnome-panel.i386 0:2.10.1-10.2 set to be updated
> --> Running transaction check
> --> Processing Dependency: mozilla = 37:1.7.8 for package: galeon
> --> Finished Dependency Resolution
> Error: Missing Dependency: mozilla = 37:1.7.8 is needed by package
> galeon
>

> What do I have to do to get by this?
>
> Do I have to update mozilla?  I have asked YUM to do this but no luck.
> If I have to go out there somewhere to get mozilla, where is the best
> place to get it?
>
> Bottom line - what do I have to do to get passed this "Error"..

You have to either:
* wait for an updated galeon package to appear in Fedora Extras that is
compatible with the updated mozilla packages (probably a day or two), or
* remove galeon from your system

If you're feeling particularly brave, you could:
# rpm -e galeon
# yum update
# rpm -Uvh
http://buildsys.fedoraproject.org/logs/4/2-galeon-1.3.21-9.fc4/i386/galeon-1.3.21-9.fc4.i386.rpm

This galeon package has just been built for Fedora Extras but not yet
signed or released, and may not actually get released if builds for
other architectures fail.

Paul.