up2date locking up?!?

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Wed Jul 27 13:30:49 UTC 2005

Am Mi, den 27.07.2005 schrieb Andrew Stewart um 15:18:

> So I started up2date and opted to just update /everything/, and left it
> over night.  Coming back, I see that it has locked up, or has apparantly
> locked up.

It would be helpful to know little more about the update process. What
packages to be updated? How much packages in total? Is it a fresh FC3
install (full or minimal install then) getting all updates? Where does
the up2date job ended: in download state or in install of packages
state?

> Anyone seen this?  Should I be worried about killing the process?
> Should I just reinstall FC3?

No, this is not Windows.
You can kill the process, yes.
Different strategies can make sense. If you are updating a many packages
it makes sense to not update them all in one single step. It too may be
wise to run up2date-nox in runlevel 3.

> -Andrew

Alexander

Serendipity 15:26:16 up 11 days, 19:58, load average: 0.20, 0.19, 0.12