Where's apt for core 4?

Dan Burke dburke at techteam.com
Wed Jul 27 14:18:27 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-07-27 at 15:32 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 14:14:27 +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 2005-07-27 at 08:04 -0400, Dan Burke wrote:
> > > I'm wondering if I missed out on something.  Where is apt for C4?
> >
> > The apt package is in Extras. I've been told apt repos are available at
> > freshrpms (I am using local apt repos).
>
>   http://ayo.freshrpms.net/fedora/linux/4/i386/

Thanks.

> Note, however, that Apt-RPM is a dead end support-wise, and you are
> encouraged to switch to Yum. Also see http://rpm.livna.org/ where it has

That sucks, I really like apt.  But as long as I'm not forced to use
up2date, it can't be that bad.

I have all the servers at work using apt (over 30 servers).  I see a
nightmare in my future.

Thanks for the info.

Dan.

This e-mail transmission is strictly confidential
and intended solely for the person or organization
to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged
and confidential information and if you are not the
intended recipient, you must not copy, distribute or
take any action in reliance on it. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender as soon as possible and delete the e-mail
message and any attachment(s).

This message has been scanned for viruses
by TechTeam's email gateway.