Where's apt for core 4?

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Wed Jul 27 16:07:15 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-07-27 at 17:22 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 17:07:35 +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>
> > > Where would be the point in providing and maintaining a separate Apt
> > > repository (and additional meta data) if there is no such official
> > > repository for Fedora Core and Fedora Extras?
> >
> > livna is not connected to FC nor FE :=)
>
> No, but facing limited resources, too.
I have to reiterate: The overhead of building apt repos is close to
zero. How do you think GWDG is able to maintain this amount of apt-repos
(They are providing apt-repos for almost all existing 3rd party repos
for SuSE).

> > > And has anything changed with regard to "ExcludeArch: x86_64 ppc64"
> > > and Apt's upstream maintenance?
> >
> > No, but ... has anything changed in RH's packaging? apt is able to
> > support SuSE's packaging on 64bit platforms:
> > see ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/linux/suse/apt
>
> Is that one multi-lib or 64-bit-only?
I don't know (I don't use SuSE nor x86_64), but as it seems to me, it's
multilibbed:

ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/linux/suse/apt/SuSE/9.3-x86_64/RPMS.base/

I don't know which trick SuSE applies rpm-wise, but AFAICT, their
apt-get sources are the same as FE's.

Ralf